Power Steering Pump Failure
A sudden cutout of power steering has been an issue for Mini owners, eventually prompting a recall. However, that doesn’t include everyone who is having problems.Continue reading article "Power Steering Pump Failure"
What Are We Missing?
We know there's more problems than this. Let us know which one you'd like to see us cover next.Continue
Where Steering Complaints Happen
Sometimes it helps just to tally up the complaints and see where the biggest stacks are. Use this information to learn about troublespots or to run for the hills.
- loss of power steering in the 2006 Cooper
- power steering pump failure in the 2005 Cooper
- steering pump failure in the 2006 Cooper S
- power steering failure in the 2005 Cooper S
- steering binding/stiff - hard to turn in the 2006 Cooper S
- power steering hose broken in the 2006 Cooper S
- power steering pump failure in the 2002 Cooper
s reluctantly issuing a recall for power steering problems after the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) determined a warranty extension simply wasn’t enough.
The recalled cars include the 2002-2005 MINI Cooper and Cooper S and the 2005 MINI Cooper and Cooper S Convertible. MINI says the cars can have problems with a temporary or permanent loss of the electro-hydraulic power steering assistance.
BMW maintains the problem isn’t safety-related, but at least five reports say they were injured after their power steering failed.keep reading article "Mini's Electro-Hydraulic Power Steering Recalled for Overheating"